State News Content Policy
1 State News is a platform for communities to discuss, connect, and share in an open environment, home to some of the most authentic content anywhere online. The nature of this content might be funny, serious, offensive, or anywhere in between. While participating, it’s important to keep in mind this value above all others: show enough respect to others so that we all may continue to enjoy States News for what it is.
2 While State News generally provides a lot of leeway in what content is acceptable, here are some guidelines for content that is not. Please keep in mind the spirit in which these were written, and know that looking for loopholes is a waste of time.
3 Content is prohibited if it
- Is illegal
- Is involuntary pornography
- Encourages or incites violence
- Threatens, harasses, or bullies or encourages others to do so
- Is personal and confidential information
- Impersonates someone in a misleading or deceptive manner
- Is spam
4 In addition to not submitting unwelcome content, the following behaviors are prohibited on States News
- Asking for votes or engaging in vote manipulation
- Breaking States News or doing anything that interferes with normal use of States News
- Creating multiple accounts to evade punishment or avoid restrictions
NSFW (Not Safe For Work) content
5 Content that contains nudity, pornography, or profanity, which a reasonable viewer may not want to be seen accessing in a public or formal setting such as in a workplace should be tagged as NSFW. This tag can be applied to individual pieces of content or to entire communities.
6 We have a variety of ways of enforcing our rules, including, but not limited to
- Asking you nicely to knock it off
- Asking you less nicely
- Temporary or permanent suspension of accounts
- Removal of privileges from, or adding restrictions to, accounts
- Adding restrictions to States News communities, such as adding NSFW tags or Quarantining
- Removal of content
- Banning of States News communities
Moderation within communities
7 Individual communities on States News may have their own rules in addition to ours and their own moderators to enforce them. States News provides tools to aid moderators, but does not prescribe their usage.